Thursday, February 14, 2013

Honored

Smile at you when I feel like it. Smile when I don't.  Find the time for you when I have none.  Respect.  Complete acceptance.  Guard your reputation.  Celebrate the everyday hero in you.  Honor is a simple gift that has moved mountains and is inside us all.

Today is Valentine's Day.  My FAVORITE holiday of the year.  I am so blessed to have an amazing Valentine in Andrew.  During the almost 8 years that we have been married, he has never even raised his voice at me. Ever. Seriously.  He does every stitch of laundry in this house, and sent me love notes every day for 6 six years.  He did it until I believed him when he said that he adored me.  I'm not even going to tell you everything that he does, because I fear that it will make you want to go home and throw rocks at your own Valentine. Ha. :)

Each year on January 1st, I record in my journal my top five goals for the new year.  Today was the perfect day to reflect on what I had listed for my number one goal for 2013.  This year, I wrote my goal down as if it were a letter to my husband, Andrew.  I dug out my journal so that I could quote it for you word for word:

"Above all else, my  number one goal is to honor you.  Regardless of whether or not I agree with your position, my highest priority is to honor you.  In my conversations with you, in my conversations about you, to your face, behind your back, and in front of our children, my goal is always honor you.  I want to listen to your wishes, accept you 100% unconditionally.  Today, I make the conscious decision to give you the merit that you deserve.  You chose me to be in your life.  I want to make waking up to me, the best part of your day."

I love being married to Andrew.  Loving him comes easy to me. Thank God for second chances.     Happy Valentines Day Sugar!  XOXOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment