Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kindred

 
January 27, 2013
 
 
My tribe.  My people.  My family.  Related by blood or by the past or by whatever I am going through now.  The ones who make funny things funnier.  Hard stuff softer.  Life kinder.  Where would I be without them? 
 
This adventure of returning to school after 17 years has been an exciting one.  I have been forced to use my brain in ways that have lain dormant for a long time.  But, it eats up every bit of what used to be my extra time, and devours every bit of what used to be my extra money.  There are many nights when I sit at the computer doing homework while my sweet husband takes over the chores of the bedtime routine and I wonder to myself if it is all going to be worth it in the end.  Each member of my family has made sacrifices so that I could finally finish school, and cross it off my list of regrets.
 
I would like to pay tribute to the members of my family, and my circle of friends who have supported me in this endeavor.  I really couldn't do it without them.  I love them with all my heart and soul and mind.  I have an extraordinary family!  Thank you!
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment